This cured Norwegian Mackerel recipe is a rustic and simple dish, yet offers complex flavors with fresh herbs.
Author: Andreas Viestad
- Roll Norwegian Mackerel in a combination of sugar and regular salt. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Using a mortar and pestle or a food mill, coarsely grind sea salt, star anise, red peppercorns and coriander seeds.
- Chop dill, tarragon and parsley.
- Remove excess sugar/salt mixture from the fish and sprinkle sea salt seasoning over.
- Garnish with the fresh herbs and an olive oil drizzle on top.